Careers at Voices
Position Title: Specialist-Volunteer Engagement
Department: Volunteer Program
Reports to: Director-County CASA and Volunteer Engagement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Devises and guides the strategy for marketing and promoting Voices for Children CASA volunteer opportunity to the widest possible audience.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develops, implements and evaluates recruitment and retention strategies to recruit and retain volunteers by identifying, coordinating and participating in recruitment activities and community events including engaging with MOCASA and NCASA regarding recruitment and retention practices.
- Manages response to all inquiries by potential volunteers about training including screening.
- Assists in on-going screening, evaluation and support of trainees during each preservice training cycle
- Participates in appropriate community meetings or committees
- Prepares succinct and informative reports on recruitment efforts for the Director-County CASA and Volunteer Engagement, Executive Director, Board and staff.
- Manages specific retention efforts focused on first year volunteers, following them from training through first case assignment and completion of their year of volunteer service as well as for current and past CASA volunteers; prepares reports on retention efforts as needed; manages the CASA volunteer exit survey process
- Convenes/coordinates volunteer alumni group and advisory committees
- Maintains quality standards as determined by NCASA
- Collaborates with Manager- Community Engagement to develop, design and produce print and electronic collateral for recruitment and retention efforts including the volunteer newsletter, to manage online content across platforms and to generate media for volunteer recruitment.
- Tracks and measures the level of engagement with various constituencies using data gathered from varied sources
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field. Work experience in a nonprofit setting is desirable.
Certifications and Licensure:
- Must have a valid driver’s license, car and valid insurance
Other Qualifications Job Skills & Competencies:
- Detail oriented including strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as strong interpersonal skills in order to function as a team player.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a number of priorities simultaneously
- Competency in Microsoft Office.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
The job takes place in an office setting. The employee may also travel between Voices for Children office locations as well as various training and recruitment sites.
Must be able to work weekends and evenings as required.
The most significant duties have been included in this description acknowledging that other duties may be assigned/changed from time to time. The organization retains the right to modify this job description as needed from time to time to accurately reflect duties of the position.